An exciting opportunity has arisen to represent the MCG on the local, national, and international Business Events stage.
- Based at the MCG, dedicated to the non-match day event business
- Lead relationships with the business events tourism industry
- Key account manager for all MICE, third party, industry relationships
An opportunity to the join the MCG Events team is now available, stepping in to role of Client Relationship Manager (MICE).
More than just a sales position, the role is responsible for generating a third of the Non-Match Day revenue by responding to inbound leads, managing existing relationships, and seeking new business opportunities through B2B initiatives – such as Networking, Tradeshow, Entertaining and Famil programs. As a MICE specialist you lead the relationships with key industry bodies such as the Australian Business Events Association, MEA, Melbourne Convention Bureau, Visit Victoria and VTIC, as well as third party relationships with PCO’s, Venue Finders, Event Management companies and Government.
The role is also vital in managing the relationship with key precinct stakeholders and championing the Sports and Entertainment precinct of Melbourne. These relationships include the Melbourne Cricket Club, Melbourne Olympic Parks, and surrounding accommodation providers.
What’s in it for you:
- Grow your industry experience and relationships as you take leadership on all relationships across the sector
- Become the face as you represent the brand at industry trade shows, conferences, and networking events
- Host clients at the at Delaware North run stadiums in our corporate dining facilities at major events
- Travel throughout the country and overseas as you bring the MCG product and experience to new and growth markets
- Be a part of the team that delivers hospitality at the nation’s greatest sporting stadium
The following skills will be highly regarded:
- Understanding of the Business Events market locally, nationally and internationally
- Exceptional client management skills and understanding of how to elevate their event requirements
- A creative approach to selling, business development and build client proposals
- Food and beverage knowledge
- Ability to work with EBMS, Microsoft Office, and other event related platforms
This is an opportunity to join a fantastic team and work at one of the most recognised venues in the world. If you think you have what it takes and would like to hear more about the role, follow the link below.