MCG Events proudly partners with some of Melbourne’s most celebrated chefs – a mix of traditional and iconic, as well as up and coming names to watch – to feature a selection of menus available for your next event at the G’. Whether you’re holding an intimate dinner in one of the Corporate Suites, or a large gala in the Members’ Dining Room – these menus can be tailored to suit your event.
One of Melbourne’s most well-known and passionate chefs, famous for celebrating the Italian flavours across Melbourne’s inner-city streets – is Guy Grossi.
Guy is the author of six successful cookbooks.
- Love Italy,
- Recipes from My mother’s kitchen,
- My Italian heart,
- Grossi Florentino: Secrets and recipes,
- Italian food safari (co-author) and
- The Cellar Bar cookbook.
Guy Grossi is renowned as Australia’s most respected master of Italian food. He is devoted to preserving and passing on culture and traditions. There’s little that Guy likes doing more than sharing his knowledge and experiences.
In 1996, Grossi was awarded the L’insegna Del Ristorante Italiano by the president of Italy, for his dedication to presenting and promoting “La Cucina Italiana” and lifestyle.
Guy is also the founder of The Melbourne Tomato Festival – a gathering of local farmers selling produce, speakers, agriculturalists, cooking demonstrations, Italian food, artisan producers, special guests, history, workshops, entertainment and passata making.
Highlights of the Events by Guy Grossi seated event menus include;
- Cured kingfish pizzaiola – Tomato, olives, oregano
- Vitello Tonnato – Roquette, parmesan, capers, lemon
- Half shell Hervey Bay scallops – Venetian almond, brioche crust
- Braised leg, roasted breast of Hazeldene’s free-range chicken – White wine vinegar, saffron, pine nuts, sultanas, fregola, baby leeks
- Porchetta – Roasted free range pork belly, red cabbage puree, witlof, quince, apple cider
- Barramundi fillet – Almond herb, crust celeriac puree, Tuscan kale, lemon almond vermouth sauce
And of course, you can’t resist the famous Tiramisu – “It is my mother’s recipe, and we have never changed it. It includes the hint of Sambuca”
Since partnering with MCG Events the Grossi menus have featured at several events including an inner sanctum experience for the MCG Network with dinner in the changerooms, and the Annual Association Forum Dinner – where Guy himself was the guest speaker and shared his thoughts with the national audience on why Melbourne’s food culture remains one of its biggest draw cards to business event tourism.