Events by Alejandro Saravia
MCG Events proudly partners with some of Melbourne’s most celebrated chefs – a mix of traditional and iconic, as well as up and coming names to watch – to feature a selection of menus available for your next event at the G’. Whether you’re holding an intimate dinner in one of the Corporate Suites, or a large gala in the Members’ Dining Room – these menus can be tailored to suit your event.
One of the most engaged and committed chefs across the wider Victorian hospitality landscape is Alejandro Saravia.
In 2017 Alejandro Saravia became the official food and beverage ambassador for Gippsland Victoria. Alejandro’s Farmer’s Daughters – which proudly boasts One Hat in The Age Good Food Guide – has created a world-class ‘farm-to-table’ enterprise showcasing the premier food bowl of Victoria.
Alejandro has set out to elevate Gippsland’s artisan farmers, producers and growers across the state, and country, making the distinctive food provenance, visible in the cuisine and food culture.
Highlights of the Events by Alejandro Saravia seated event menus include;
- Lake Entrance roasted Snapper, seared scallops, celeriac remoulade, sherry jus, charred lemon
- O’Connor’s beef eye fillet, smoked white cabbage, forest mushrooms, fermented barley
- Free range corn fed chicken breast wrapped in bacon, comfit shallots
- Tambo Valley honey panna cotta, hazelnut, golden raisin
- Pumpkin pavlova, juniper cream, salted caramel
In addition, you can select Alejandro’s menus for a grazing event with canapes that include;
- Carrot on rye cracker, leek dust
- Preserved tomatoes marinated in dill oil, Stracciatella, celtuce, green sorrel
- O’Connor beef skewers, snowy river station sea herbs (GF)
- Cafresco Organics vegetable skewer, fermented tomato (veg)
Alejandro’s next project – Victoria by Farmer’s Daughters will be the first of its kind culinary experience in Australia which celebrates Victoria, showcasing regional produce, people and places. Through creative sensory experiences, a local and seasonal curated food and drink menu, the venue will bring regional Victoria to the heart of Melbourne’s city and opens at Federation Square on 28th July 2022.
In addition to developing event menus, Alejandro partners with MCG Hospitality to deliver the match day experience in the famous Long Room – well known for its carvery of local Victorian produce. To experience the Long Room on a game day visit the Long Room