Lambassador Gala Reception – 12th May 2022
Meat and Livestock Australia hosted a gala reception for their 30 Lambassadors and stakeholders in May 2022 – with one menu request – every item (dessert included) had to be lamb! Challenge accepted.
Created 15 years ago, the Lambassador program was established to support local farmers, educate international chefs, and promote lamb on the global stage, as lamb is considered internationally as a niche alternative.
The Lambassadors – from countries including Singapore, United Emirates, Pakistan and Vietnam – to name just a few – arrived in Melbourne for an immersive program to educate and inspire them about lamb. The Lambassadors, each renowned chefs from around the world – toured Victorian farms, dined on lamb in Melbourne’s best restaurants (Maha and Society) and participated in a ‘cook off’ challenge at the MCG.
The nights menu included a combination of cold and warm canapes including:
- Smokedlamb tartare, fermented black garlic, sourdough crumpet
- Sumac lamb, goats curd, sweet and sour beetroot jam tart
- Zaatar Victorian lamb tenderloin, green hummus, pomegranate
- Desert spiced lamb kofta, saltbush chimichurri yoghurt
- Mini lamb slider, smoked eggplant puree, provolone, salsa verde, caramelised onion
- Sheep’s feta and green pea arancini, green goddess, mint
For a more substantial option, we created a grazing item of Pulled Flinders Valley lamb, river mint chermoula, orange, quandong scented cous cous and lemon myrtle labne.
And to finish created two Sheep’s milk based desserts:
- Mousse, candied pistachio, white chocolate and roasted fig
- Sheep’s milk and raspberry magnum ice cream.
Our food philosophy is Always local, first. So, to be able to showcase the very best in Victorian lamb, to room full of international chefs – was a true highlight.